Tuesday, February 21, 2006

The Beginning

The beginning of this journey started in late 2004. I was particularly moved by an Oprah Episode that was a documentary about China and its lost daughters, hosted by Lisa Ling and produced by National Geographic. Mick and I began to revisit a topic that we had discussed before we were even married - yes, the topic of ADOPTION.

  • November 16,2004 I attended a China Orientation Meeting in an effort to learn what was involved.
  • January 18, 2005 - Sent I600-A Form in + $665 fee.
  • January 19, 2005 We met with Sunny Ridge Family Center, an Adoption Agency out of Wheaton, IL for our Joint Interview - application fee $250 + homestudy fee $2,300.
  • January 28, 2005 - Individual Interview - Michael Moran
  • January 28, 2005 - Individual Interview - Jacquie Moran
  • January-March - gather all paperwork, doctor visits, personal references, autobiographies
  • February 1, 2005 -Ii-600A Filing Date
  • March 29, 2005 - Homesite visit
  • March 29, 2005 - DCFS Approval
  • April 22, 2005 - Homestudy Completed - Recommendation Achieved
  • April 29, 2005 - Orphan Application Fingerprint Referral Notice
  • May 3, 2005 - FBI fingerprints done
  • June 2005 - I 171-H recieved.
  • June 2005 - Dossier documents to Denise Hope to be sealed etc. $280 + her fee $175.
  • July 13, 2005 - Dossier to China (DTC Date).
  • Program Fee to Sunny Ridge Family Center - $4,000.
  • Wait - wait - and wait - and wait.

No comments: