Saturday, March 31, 2007

Recap of December 2006 - Early January

Hi - I really keep meaning to write to this blog - because so much in our lives has changed (imagine that) and I want to remember it all.

Recap of December - kind of a blurr, but we managed to get home safely and resume our family life. The jet-lag was absolutely horrible - I can only speak for myself, but I think I quickly went into shock when I got home. The excitement etc, the kids were so "loud" - coming home to three children who missed us sooooo much was crazy...and then Tabitha was needing someone to hold her - b/c she was in shock and her time tables were off as were ours. The kids wanted to hold her and she was scared - I am sure our house with its noise, colors and etc was shocking to her. All I can say... is that it was at least three weeks before I felt normal again - I almost felt like I was never going to feel "right-normal" again.

On December 19th I took Tabitha to her first pediatric appt. At that appt. she weighed 15lbs 3 oz - length 27 1/4" and head circumference 42 in - Dr. T marked in her chart failure to thrive - which kind of made me sad - b/c I thought she was doing pretty well. But when Dr. T tried to put her on all fours like a crawling position - she would not do that - she also noted a nystygmas (slight side to side shaking) in her eyes. We both agreed that Tabitha might have been a preemie or low-birth-weight baby given everything she noted and that Tabitha still had no teeth. I decided to have Tabitha tested for immunization titers rather than just re-vaccinating her and we also needed to get baseline labs. Off to the hospital we went. We had to give a urine culture, a stool culture, and several tubes of blood. After a few days, we found that Tabitha's stool had tested positive for C-dificil - not good - and this is supposed to be reported to the CDC because of its contagious nature. We were given a strong antibiotic - we also found out that only one of her immunizations took - 1 polio shot - nothing else registered. So on January 11, 2007 we began the process of re-immunizing her - we started with IPV/OPV, DTap, Hep B, Hib and PCV7.

On December 21st, we went to see Dr. L - for the hernia that we now felt was umbilical. Dr. L said it was an "epigastric hernia" - and she also felt an inguinal hernia. On December 26th Tabitha had surgery to repair three hernias - 2 inguinals and 1 epigastric. ( oh yeah - Christmas and a trip to Michigan happened in there somewhere! - )



This is Tabitha getting into the Christmas Spirit!

Tabitha with all of her Moran Cousins and Grandma & Grandpa!


On December 30th we began our drive to Colorado - we celebrated my 40th birthday in Denver, Colorado at a Chili's Restaurant with all four kids and two more hours to go! On the way, we stopped in Omaha, Nebraska and stayed at a small hotel with a pool - here is a picture of Tabitha after swimming with the kids.


Jack and Cece skied almost every day - they had a blast - they both ended up being Mountain 4 & 5's, respectively. Luke took a couple days of beginner ski school and did very well on the magic carpet. I put Tabitha on my back in a backpack and watched Luke and Chloe ski the bunny hills.




Don't they look awesome!!!!!
















We also had time to go out to dinner with Kevin's boss and his wife - we rode the snow cat up to Zak's Cabin for a wonderful dinner. "Open your eyes honey!!!"

No comments: