Monday, December 11, 2006

Day 12 - Physicals and Touring


Tabitha had her physical today. It is to get her Visa to come to the United States. We went to a local facility that is approved by the US Consulate. It was very clean and everything was done very quickly. They checked her weight, height, temperature, ears, nose and throat, etc.
As we expected she is fine.
She was very good with the doctors and did not scream or cry.










Of course on the way back from the exam Jacquie found a little time to do some shopping.




In the afternoon we toured a Chinese garden. It had many interesting and beautiful plants and fountains.



Tabitha at the Garden.



We also toured the Chen Clan Ancesteral Hall. It has examples of architecture and carvings from Ghuangzhou history. Tabitha fell asleep in my arms as I carried her around.








Here is a picture of Tabiths's friend Leanna and her mom Jennifer.




Some few of the busy city of Ghaungzhou. We are on a sleepy little island compared to the hustle and bustle only a few blocks away.



All the motorcycles cut to the front at a red light. Here is a group of them ready to take off.











Here is a picture of a few of China's National Bird. It is the Crane. China has such a huge amount of construction right now, that this joke is told often.



I borrowed this from Lance and Susans' blog. This was on the buffet at the Dolton Hotel in Changsha. I stayed away from the crab.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't blame you for not trying the crab...scary. Great pics. I can't believe it's Monday already. You'll be home in two days! Is Tabitha wearing "squeakers?" Your at home kids sound like they're doing great with Aunt KK. I talked to Cece yesterday..she hit me up for some Girl Scout cookies and I obliged as it is my duty as aunt (plus I LOVE THEM). Hope you had fun shopping.

Love, M

Anonymous said...

Eek on that crab notice. It looks so balmy and beautiful there. Those gardens look amazing. It's so neat you have the opportunity to tour around and sightsee, plus shopping! Tabitha is so cute - we loved the photo of her at the restaurant with the little frangi pangi flower in her hair. She's a doll! That's great she's not afraid of the doctors. Enjoy your last couple of days - it's hard to believe you are coming home soon with your new baby.

Love, F

Anonymous said...

J: Brad and Dan would each like a XL North Face fleece (one blue, one black) if available.

Thanks!

M

Anonymous said...

Oh, I forgot. Our friend said that they have very inexpensive children's DVDs. That would be great too. Like I said, only if it's not a pain.

Love, M