Tuesday, December 05, 2006

We would love to hear from home.

Thank you for all of your comments. It is wonderful to hear from home. If you have not left a comment yet, please do. We love to know who is interested in our trip.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi
We've been having a blast reading your posts. Sorry, I forgot that we could post like this - I was thinking that we couldn't e-mail you - I am so technically deficient! The girls say Tabitha is so cute. I love her little hat. It looks like it fits well. What about the booties? Has she been able to poop yet - I am curious about the hernias. I am also curious to see the Chinese bottle - take a picture of it! Jacquie are you feeling better - it sounds like that plane food was gross! What size clothes is Tabitha wearing - maybe 6 month size? How is that one outsider lady? The one who has been there before? Also, the one who from Naperville? I'm sure you'll have lots of interesting stories. I was thinking that the baby will probably freak out when you put her in a carseat! All is well here - just getting ready for Christmas. How is your shopping going? The beads looked interesting - did you find any yard. We can't wait to see you when you get back - hopefully we can see you before you go to MI. Keep posting stuff - it's great!
Dianna, Doug, Maggie & Lucy
p.s. My cousin loved her necklace that I sent for her 40th b-day.

Anonymous said...

Hi J! I can't wait to hear about your visit to the village today (or yesterday, in your world). Greta and Augie think Tabitha is very cute, especially in the video where she is lapping up the cheerios. Augie is finally getting it that this is forever...he asked me how long you were going to keep her. He also said he thinks Cece will be a really good big sister.

Not much new here - lots of snow and bitter cold. It was 10 here this morning. Brent celebrated his big 4-0 on Saturday. We took the kids to see Happy Feet (whoo hoo, do we know how to live it UP). We are actually going out to dinner on a real date this Sat night - can't wait. I am looking forward to it - it's been a year since we've been out by ourselves. What will we talk about?

I am sure everyday is getting easier with Tabitha. Is she saying any words? Is she crawling or scooting or cruising? It looked like she was smiling in the hat photo. Is she sleeping through the night? Did you get any sort of schedule or routine about her life? Was her caregiver sad to leave her? So many questions and you are busy! Just thinking of you a lot. Big hug my friend.

Love,
F

Anonymous said...

I printed out the pictures and text from Day 6- It's official and took it over to show Gramma and Grampa Moran. They were thrilled and took the pictures down to dinner to show all their friends! They informed me this makes 20 great-grandchildren for them. Now I need to add Tabitha to the family tree.
How are you getting around while you are there? You didn't rent a car, did you?

We are looking forward to hearing all about your trip when we see you. Thank you so much for keeping us up-to-date on how things are going. The video was especially cool!
Love
MP

Anonymous said...

Jacquie and Mickey - I was so excited to read "its official" -- I actually got tears in my eyes. After all waiting you have done, I can't even begin to imagine how happy you are right now. She doesn't know it yet, but she really has wonderful parents and a great life to look forward to with such a loving family. She is so beautiful and I can't wait to meet her! Counting the days until your return... Katie

Anonymous said...

Hi, the girls and I have been watching and reading. Claire can't wait to get her hands on Tabitha, I think there will be some definitely fighting over her. I don't think she will be at a loss for someone to carry her around while your here in Michigan. The fight will be who gets her first and for the longest time. I found the shoes, black patent leather that I bought for her, They are a size 4, I hope they fit. They look tiny but so do her feet. Can't wait to see her and all of you. We are looking forward to x-mas. Cooper can't wait to have Jack spend the night here. So they can play star wars all night of course. We look forward to hearing more about your trip keep us posted.

love the martins

Anonymous said...

Well, we are finally almost off to Hinsdale. The weather should be pretty clear all day. Dad has an appointment when we get there. We can't wait to see all the kids and to talk with you and see Tabitha on the monitor at your house. Would you believe, I clicked on the pictures on your blog and like magic, they got bigger. Much easier to see everything in more detail. Don't know why I didn't figure that out earlier.Miss you guys. LOve mom and dad

Anonymous said...

from: kara
i likE your baby and i like
her name.

Anonymous said...

Hi Jacquie and Mickey,
How are you? Tabitha looks just like Auntie Lula in a book I read.



Best Wishes,

Emily P. [Cece's friend]

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!! It was great to read what was going on and where you are at. May you have a quite flight home!

Anonymous said...

I've been attempting to keep up with your travels! I am so excited about getting a new cousin, and I've been showing off the pictures to some of my friends here at school. They all think she is so adorable (which she is)! I can't wait to meet her!

Also, I happened to go to BP daily Mass when you left for your trip (Nov. 29) so I mentioned you during the Prayers of the Faithful, and the priest chose to offer the Mass for Tabitha and other babies in China in the adoption process. I thought you might like to know.

Love,
Kaitlyn

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you! I't been a long journey, and we can't wait to have you home. Claudia is so excited to meet Tabitha, as she reminds me on a daily basis.

Just to fill you in on home - the Cub Scout meeting went well. Unfortunately the gingerbread frosting "glue" did not hold well - so there was much roof sliding and wall collaping. (As I recall, we didn't have this problem at all when we used these kits in Brownies two years ago.) But, as you know, building gingerbread houses is really all about eating frosting and candy until you get sick! So, the boys had a fabulous time.
The Brownie cookie rally on Saturday went well except for a traffic delay in getting there. It was extremely well organized, and the girls now seem excited to do booth sales! This Sunday is the Theater of Western Springs performance of Cinderella, and when I am done here I will get on the phone and get set with car pools. I am putting together bags for the girls with their patch from the cookie rally, as well as some puzzles and crafts from there that we didn't have time to complete. Also the last two Try-Its that I figured out they had earned - Dancercise and Sports & Games.
The weather today is sunny and warm - in between bouts of frigid Artic cold. Hopefully it will be warm again by the time you arrive home.
Give Tabitha an extra hug from the Schabes family!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to the new addition to your family. Wishing your family all the best.

Tim Peterson
FTD

Anonymous said...

J: Call Pat and help with the Pioneer Costume if you have a chance.

M

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Mickey and Jacquie. She is beautiful! What an experience this must be. I look forward to your updates daily. Mickey, your Dad says you will be spending Christmas in MI. I imagine another 350 miles or so will seem pretty easy after this trip. Hope your return trip goes well.

Allen Hague

Anonymous said...

Wow! I just can't believe how much info you had in this blog. I found this so interesting. I am excited to meet your beautiful new little girl. She is so cute! I think it is wonderful that you are able to give her the Love, home and family she deserves.

Love, The Lansing Kaczmarczyk's

Anonymous said...

Skip and Pat gave us your blog site and we've been following you throughout then journey. I understand you return home tomorrow with Tabitha but wanted you to know how much we have enjoyed the site. I'm sure your entire family is anxiously waiting to meet your new addition to the family. Your comments during the trip were interestng as I have been to a number of the locations. Also, I understand the comment about the "ice shortage". It seems the best way to get ample ice is to visit the local McDonalds.

Gary and Diane Hague